Seventy per cent of newly qualified secondary teachers say that they are well-prepared for certain aspects of teaching their specialist subject - such as planning, selecting resources and assessing their own teaching - and yet feel very much less prepared in other professional areas.
This second edition tackles all the issues that new teachers find difficult. It builds on the skills and knowledge they will have learned on their initial teacher education or PGCE course and offers a planned process of professional development and includes chapters on:
- managing yourself and your workload
- working as part of a team
- developing teaching and learning strategies
- challenging behaviour in the classroom
- assessing, recording and reporting
- values and Citizenship Education
- the school sixth form and the growth of vocational qualifications
- continuing professional development.
The book can be used either as a stand alone companion for newly qualified teachers, or as a follow-on from the editors' successful text book, Learning to Teach in the Secondary School, also published by Routledge.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: