In This Book You’ll Learn How To:
- Install and configure the Solaris 10 operating environment on SPARC and x86/x64-based platforms
- Set up, manage, back up, and recover file systems
- Execute System Boot and Shutdown Procedures for SPARC and x86/x64-based systems
- Manage services using the Service Management Facility (SMF)
- Perform User and Security Administration
- Set up and manage printers and system processes
- Perform system backup and recovery operations
“Bill’s original Cert Prep guides were used throughout Sun’s service organization as the SEs studied for Certification. This was not mandated by Sun management but happened through word-of-mouth by those software engineers who had successfully passed the exam. In this new edition, Bill adds a chapter to explain the boot process (from POST to service initialization through SMF) on both SPARC and x86 systems. All chapters have been updated to reflect the Solaris 05/08 updates including detailed coverage of the x86 platform. This new guide is still the best source I know of to study for the exam. –Brian Howard, Systems Engineer / Solaris Ambassador
WRITTEN BY A LEADING SOLARIS EXPERT!
Bill Calkins is owner and president of Pyramid Consulting, a computer training and consulting firm specializing in the implementation and administration of open systems. He works as a consultant with Sun Microsystems and has contributed extensively to the Solaris certification program and simulation technology. He also owns www.unixed.com, a website that provides online UNIX training materials. Bill has more than 20 years of experience in UNIX system administration, consulting, and training at more than 250 different companies and government agencies and has authored several books on Solaris.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: