Solaris 10 System Administration Part II
In this book you’ll learn Advanced Topics in Solaris 10
System Administration for SPARC and x86-based systems including:
- Administering the network environment in Solaris 10
- Setting up RAID metadevices using SVM
- Configuring ZFS storage pools and file systems
- Configuring and administering Solaris zones and containers
- Administering virtual file systems and swap space
- Creating and administering user and Role-Based access accounts (RBAC)
- Using advanced installation tools to install, clone, and upgrade the operating system
Bill’s original Cert Prep guides were used throughout Sun’s service organization as the SEs studied for Certification. This was not mandated by Sun management but happened through word-of-mouth by those software engineers who had successfully passed the exam. In this new edition, Bill adds a chapter for ZFS. It includes Live Upgrade conversion to a ZFS root filesystem and Zone/ZFS inter-operation. Plus, all chapters have been updated to reflect the Solaris 10 10/08 enhancements. This new guide remains the best source of preparation for the Solaris 10 Cert exam.
–Brian Howard, Systems Engineer / Solaris Ambassador
WRITTEN BY A LEADING SOLARIS EXPERT!
Bill Calkins is owner and president of Pyramid Consulting, a computer training and consulting firm specializing in the implementation and administration of open systems. He works as a consultant with Sun Microsystems and has contributed extensively to the Solaris certification program and simulation technology. He also owns www.unixed.com, a website that provides online UNIX training materials. Bill has more than 20 years of experience in UNIX system administration, consulting, and training at more than 250 different companies and government agencies and has authored several books on Solaris.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: