“Too many people are running around nowadays calling themselves ‘social media experts.’ Simon doesn't call himself that. His clients do. And they're right. I'll read anything this man writes.”
Social Location Marketing
Breakthrough social location marketing techniques for promoting
your service, product, or venue!
Social Location Marketing offers powerful new ways to promote practically any product, service, or venue. Now, pioneering expert Simon Salt shows exactly how to make the most of it! Salt introduces Foursquare, Gowalla, Yelp, and other apps, helping you choose your best options, and build cost-effective marketing programs that work. Through real examples, you’ll learn how to reach your key audiences and segments…craft and execute winning strategies on realistic budgets…measure activity and calculate ROI…avoid costly mistakes…and much more! Whatever your goal, role, or industry, this book will help you find new customers where they are, strengthen loyalty and retention, and supercharge profits!
You’ll Learn How To:
• Understand how social location marketing works and what it can (and can’t) do for your business
• Learn the surprising realities about who uses social location software
• Know your customers and their motivations–and build marketing plans around them
• Develop communities of customer advocates who’ll work on your behalf
• Use games, competitions, time-limited offers, and other innovative approaches
• Successfully reach teens, tweens, women, or men
• Discover proven approaches for fashion, retail, hospitality, and restaurants
• Effectively handle criticism, and transform negatives into positives
• Preview brand-new social location tools, including Google Hotpot
• Understand the privacy issues associated with social location marketing
SIMON SALT is a key social media influencer who works with large brands and international PR companies. After participating in three succes1tups, he now leads his own marketing communications firm, whose client list includes Fortune® 500 companies. Salt is now conducting a Social Media roadshow, speaking on social location sharing across the United States. He has spoken at major conferences including BlogWorld, Internet Summit, and will speak at SXSW 2011.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: