Do you long to listen to your favorite CD from anywhere in yourhouse? To set up a wireless network so you can access the Internetin any room? To install an iron-clad security system? To fire upthe coffee pot while you’re still asleep and wake up withautomated lighting? Smart home technology can help you do justthat!
Smart Homes For Dummies, Third Edition, shows you howeasy it can be to create and live in a cutting-edge, fullyconnected home—without breaking your bank account. With thisuser-friendly guide, you’ll discover all the latest trendsand gadgets in home networking, automation, and control that willhelp you make life more enjoyable and comfortable for your entirefamily. We help you plan for things such as flat-screen TVs,intercom systems, whole-home audio systems, gaming consoles, andsatellite systems. We talk about your wiring (and wireless) optionsand introduce you to the latest technologies, such as VoIP andBluetooth. You’ll see how to:
- Build your home network on a budget
- Turn your home into an entertainment center
- Access the Internet from any room
- Get VoIP on your phone network
- Boost in-home wireless and cell phone signals
- Connect your computer to your TV
- Secure your home and property
- Increase your home’s resale value
- Avoid common networking pitfalls
- And much, much more
Complete with a resource list for more information and neat toysof the future, Smart Homes For Dummies is yourplain-English, twenty-first century guide to a fully wiredhome!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: