The secret is out: That slow cooker that's been collecting dust inyour kitchen cabinet is a wonderful and easy tool for makingdelicious entrees at the touch of a button. With new U.S. salesestimated at 6 million a year, more people are finding slow cookersindispensable in getting a home-cooked meal on the table. Besidestasting good, slow cooked meals are convenient and nutritiousbecause you use fresh, wholesome ingredients.
Slow Cookers For Dummies is for working families,couples, single people, students, and anyone who is tired oftakeout. Perhaps you love cooking but have little time to do it orwant to decrease your reliance on prepared mixes or boxedconvenience foods. Slow cooking may be right for you if you wantto
- Save money on food and utility bills
- Control your sodium and fat intake
- Free up your oven and cooktop for more holiday cooking
- Take a hot dish to a potluck supper
If you already know how to use a slow cooker, the deliciousrecipes in this book can help you expand your repertoire beyondsoups and stews. If you're thinking of getting a slow cooker,Slow Cookers For Dummies takes you from the basics of howthese cookers work to preparing special occasion meals, totroubleshooting slow cooker problems.
Here's a closer look at what Slow Cookers For Dummiesincludes:
- Guidelines on how to choose the right slow cooker for you
- Techniques to help you slow-cook the right way
- Easy recipes for snacks, beverages, chili, stews, andcasseroles
- Scrumptious recipes for roasting beef, pork, lamb, andpoultry
- How-to's on cooking and freezing in batches
- Ways to adapt favorite traditionally cooked dishes for the slowcooker
In Slow Cookers for Dummies, food and appliance cookingexperts Tom Lacalamita and Glenna Vance show that this classiccooking appliance is really a wonderful tool for making creative,delicious meals. With 75 recipes for making the most out of yourslow cooker, you'll never put that slow cooker in your cabinetagain.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: