The foremost "how-to" guide to SOA
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is at the heart of a revolutionary computing platform that is being adopted world-wide and has earned the support of every major software provider. In Service-Oriented Architecture: Concepts, Technology, and Design, Thomas Erl presents the first end-to-end tutorial that provides step-by-step instructions for modeling and designing service-oriented solutions from the ground up.
Erl uses more than 125 case study examples and over 300 diagrams to illuminate the most important facets of building SOA platforms: goals, obstacles, concepts, technologies, standards, delivery strategies, and processes for analysis and design.
His book's broad coverage includes
- Detailed step-by-step processes for service-oriented analysis and service-oriented design
- An in-depth exploration of service-orientation as a distinct design paradigm, including a comparison to object-orientation
- A comprehensive study of SOA support in .NET and J2EE development and runtime platforms
- Descriptions of over a dozen key Web services technologies and WS-* specifications, including explanations of how they interrelate and how they are positioned within SOA
- The use of "In Plain English" sections, which describe complex concepts through non-technical analogies
- Guidelines for service-oriented business modeling and the creation of specialized service abstraction layers
- A study contrasting past architectures with SOA and reviewing current industry influences
- Project planning and the comparison of different SOA delivery strategies
The goal of this book is to help you attain a solid understanding of what constitutes contemporary SOA along with step-by-step guidance for realizing its successful implementation.
About the Web Sites
Erl's Service-Oriented Architecture books are supported by two Web sites. http://www.soabooks.com provides a variety of content resources and http://www.soaspecs.com supplies a descriptive portal to referenced specifications.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: