Write a great script and get it into the hands of the Hollywoodplayers!
So you want to be a screenwriter? Whether you want to write afeature film or a TV script or adapt your favorite book, thisfriendly guide gives you expert advice in everything from creatingyour story and developing memorable characters to formatting yourscript and selling it to the studios. You get savvy industry tipsand strategies for getting your screenplay noticed!
- The screenwriting process from A to Z -- from developing aconcept and thinking visually to plotline, conflicts, pacing, andthe conclusion
- Craft living, breathing characters -- from creating thebackstory to letting your characters speak to balancing dialoguewith action
- Turn your story into a script -- from developing an outline andgetting over writer's block to formatting your screenplay andhandling rewrites
- Prepare for Hollywood -- from understanding the players andsetting your expectations to polishing your copy and protectingyour work
- Sell your script to the industry -- from preparing your pitchand finding an agent to meeting with executives and making adeal
Open the book and find:
- The latest on the biz, from entertainment blogs to top agentsto box office jargon
- New story examples from recently released films
- Tips on character development, a story's time clock, dramaticstructure, and dialogue
- New details on developing the nontraditional screenplay -- frommusicals to animation to high dramatic style
- Expanded information on adaptation and collaboration, withexamples from successful screenwriting duos
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: