Sams Teach Yourself Adobe® Photoshop® CS4
In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, you’ll learn all the fundamental Photoshop CS4 skills you need to get great results—in digital photography, graphic design, painting, or anything else! Using this book’s easy, step-by-step approach, you’ll master Photoshop CS4’s revamped interface and powerful new shortcuts. You can also learn professional techniques for repairing damaged photos, creating great composites, black-and-white images, and web graphics, and a whole lot more!
Full-color figures and clear step-by-step instructions visually show you how to use Photoshop.
Notes, Tips, and Cautions provide related information, advice, and warnings.
Q&A sections, quizzes, and exercises help you build and test your knowledge.
Learn how to…
- Master Photoshop CS4’s new tabbed interface, Application Frame, and Application Bar
- Personalize your workspace to work more efficiently
- Repair and retouch black-and-white and color images, no matter what condition they’re in
- Make “spot fixes” with Photoshop CS4’s improved toning tools
- Achieve powerful artistry with Photoshop’s filters and effects
- Master digital painting with Photoshop’s paintbrushes and other tools
- Get your colors right, in both print and web applications
- Transform your images using tools ranging from Flip and Warp to Liquify
- Master professional-level features including layers, channels, and masks
- Create outstanding typographic special effects
- Prepare great web images for everything from online photo galleries to cellphones
- Save time and get better results with Photoshop CS4’s latest enhancements
Kate Binder is a design and graphics expert who works from her home in New Hampshire. She has written articles on graphics, publishing, and photography for magazines including Shutterbug, Publish, eDigitalPhoto, PEI, and Desktop Publishers Journal. Kate is also the author of several books, including iMac Portable Genius, Sams Teach Yourself Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 in 24 Hours, Easy Mac OS X Leopard, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Mac OS X, and Easy Adobe Photoshop 7.
Covers: Adobe® Photoshop® CS4
User Level: Beginning–Intermediate
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: