In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build complete, professional-quality web solutions with ASP.NET 4 and Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the entire process, from site design through data collection, user management through debugging and deployment. Scott Mitchell, editor of top ASP.NET resource site 4GuysFromRolla.com, shows how to use the newest ASP.NET 4 enhancements and make the most of free tools like ASP.NET Ajax and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong, practical foundation for success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common ASP.NET 4 development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way, Did You Know?, and Watch Out! boxes point out shortcuts and solutions.
Learn how to…
- Get started fast with ASP.NET 4 and Visual Web Developer 2010
- Use Visual Web Developer 2010 to quickly build professional-quality ASP.NET websites
- Design, create, and test ASP.NET web pages
- Collect, process, and validate input from your site’s visitors
- Build a website that supports user accounts
- Create web pages that access, display, and edit database data using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- Define site maps to provide efficient, easy navigation
- Use master pages to build more consistent and well-designed sites
- Create more responsive and interactive web pages with ASP.NET Ajax
- Host, upload, deploy, and update production web sites
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: