The ideal on-the-job reference guide for SQL Server 2008database administrators
If you manage and administer SQL Server 2008 in the real world,you need this detailed guide at your desk. From planning todisaster recovery, this practical book explores tasks and scenariosthat a working SQL Server DBA faces regularly and shows you step bystep how to handle them. Topics include installation andconfiguration, creating databases and tables, optimizing thedatabase server, planning for high availability, and more.
And, if you're preparing for MCTS or MCITP certification in SQLServer 2008 administration, this book is the perfect supplement toyour preparation, featuring a CD with practice exams, flashcards,and video walkthroughs of the more difficult administrativetasks
- Delves into Microsoft's SQL Server 2008, a rich set ofenterprise-level database services for business-criticalapplications
- Explores the skills you'll need on the job as a SQL Server 2008administrator
- Shows you how to implement, maintain, and repair the SQL Serverdatabase, including bonus videos on the CD where the authors walksyou through the more difficult tasks
- Covers database design, installation and configuration,creating databases and tables, security, backup and highavailability, and more
- Supplements your preparation for MCTS and MCITP SQL Server 2008certification with in-depth coverage of the skill sets required forcertification, as defined by Microsoft
- Uses hands-on exercises and real-world scenarios to keep whatyou're learning grounded in the reality of the workplace
Make sure you're not only prepared for certification, but alsofor your job as a SQL Server 2008 administrator, with thispractical reference!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials arenot included as part of eBook file.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: