This book provides a fundamental and practical introductionto radio frequency and microwave engineering and physical aspectsof wireless communication
In this book, the author addresses a wide range ofradio-frequency and microwave topics with emphasis on physicalaspects including EM and voltage waves, transmission lines, passivecircuits, antennas, radio wave propagation. Up-to-date RF designtools like RF circuit simulation, EM simulation and computerizedsmith charts, are used in various examples to demonstrate how thesemethods can be applied effectively in RF engineering practice.
Design rules and working examples illustrate the theoreticalparts. The examples are close to real world problems, so the readercan directly transfer the methods within the context of their ownwork. At the end of each chapter a list of problems is given inorder to deepen the reader’s understanding of the chaptermaterial and practice the new competences. Solutions are availableon the author’s website.
- Presents a wide range of RF topics with emphasis on physicalaspects e.g. EM and voltage waves, transmission lines, passivecircuits, antennas
- Uses various examples of modern RF tools that show how themethods can be applied productively in RF engineering practice
- Incorporates various design examples using circuit andelectromagnetic (EM) simulation software
- Discusses the propagation of waves: their representation, theireffects, and their utilization in passive circuits and antennastructures
- Provides a list of problems at the end of each chapter
- Includes an accompanying website containing solutions to theproblems (http:\\www.fh-dortmund.de\gustrau_rf_textbook)
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: