Professional Android 2 Application Development
Providing concise and compelling examples Professional Android 2 Application Development is an updated and expanded guide that lets developers quickly construct real-world mobile applications for Android phones using version 2.1 of the Android SDK.
Some of the most important features introduced (or significantly revised for version 2) include:
- Creating widgets, Live Folders, and Live Wallpaper.
- Revised Bluetooth, telephony, and networking APIs.
- Revised Sensor API for using the accelerometer and compass.
- An updated look at how to create and use background Services and Alarms.
- Using the camera, microphone, and multimedia services
- An expanded look at external resources
- Using the new Contacts API
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: