YOU CAN TURN YOUR WORLD UPSIDE DOWN WITH PRAYER!
The New Testament apostles did. They prayed with passion and power — and turned their world upside down. We are not all called to be apostles, but we are called to be apostolic people and help establish the work of God in others by our prayers.
In this book, you will discover the principles that made them so effective in their prayer life: a heart perfected in love, a habit of devotion, a deep confidence in God and His Word, and a reliance upon the Holy Spirit. You will also learn how to pray the prayers they prayed — the apostolic prayers of the New Testament. These are powerful prayers because they express, not only the hearts of the apostles, but the heart of God:
- * Ground-breaking evangelistic prayers that empower the work of the Gospel and prepare hearts to receive it.
- * Pastoral prayers that build up churches and establish Christians in the faith.
- * Benedictions that water God's people with the blessings of heaven
- * Prayers of thanksgiving that return praise to the "Lord of the Harvest" for what He is doing in His people.
- * Doxologies that praise God for who He is and declare His glory and goodness
"Examining the prayers of the first Christians is a great start in helping us recover the meaning and reality of authentic prayer. Jeff Doles has written a useful book which collects and organizes all of the prayers found in the New Testament. Praying with Fire is a great resource for one's own study of how the early Christians prayed." ~ Frank Viola, Present Testimony Ministries, author of Pagan Christianity, Rethinking the Wineskin and From Eternity to Here
"Of all the Christian books out there on prayer, Praying With Fire is the most deeply rooted in Scripture I have found, and thus more helpful than anything I have read. I look forward to putting the book into practice and recommending it to my staff and friends." ~ Mo Leverett, pastor and urban minister, founder of Reborn International
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: