1497, Renaissance Rome: As the teenage daughter of Pope Alexander VI, Lucrezia Borgia is a young noblewoman immersed in all the glamor of the Vatican Palace.
Yet after a brutal killing shocks the city, Lucrezia learns that a dark truth lies beneath the surface of the Papal Court: in their ruthless quest for power, her father and brother are willing to poison their enemies.
Her family are murderers.
After discovering that her new husband is next to die, Lucrezia struggles to help him escape from Rome before the assassins strike.
Against a barrage of political intrigues, papal spies, and diabolical tricks, Lucrezia uses all her wits to defy her family and save her husband from assassination.
But as tragedy looms ever closer, and her plans gradually fail, she finds herself confronting an enemy far more sinister than she ever imagined…
Nonfiction Bonus Materials:
The Life & Legend Of Lucrezia Borgia
This additional eBook gather together all the crucial information needed for a study into the life of Lucrezia, including a detailed timeline, biographical profile, an extensive description of her life in Rome, and a discussion of the Borgia family's connection to poison.
Optimized for e-reader navigation, with a table of contents linked to every section, this bonus edition also features a broad collection of texts about Lucrezia and her notorious family.
- Lucretia Borgia: According To Original Documents and Correspondence of Her Day by Ferdinand Gregorovius
- The Borgias by Alexander Dumas (from 'Celebrated Crimes')
- The Life of Cesare Borgia by Rafael Sabatini
- Lucrezia Borgia, libretto by Felice Romani for the Opera by Gaetano Donizetti (in Italian)
- Encyclopedia Britannica articles (11th edition) on Lucrezia Borgia and Cesare Borgia
- Love Letter From Pietro Bembo to Lucrezia Borgia
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: