Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Istanbul is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Follow your nose to the Spice Bazaar, take in the ancient artistic treasures of Aya Sofya, or visit a hamam for an indulgent steam bath; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Istanbul and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Istanbul:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Istanbul map (included in print version), plus over 15 colour local maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Best with Kids, Walking Tours, and Don't Miss (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of Aya Sofya, Sultanahmet, Topkapi Palace, Eminonu, Grand Bazaar and the Bazaar District, Istiklal Caddesi, Beyoglu, Dolmabahce Palace, Ortakoy, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Istanbul is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of Istanbul's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Istanbul guide.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Turkey guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Turkey, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Virginia Maxwell.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: