A collection of science fiction stories from the pages of Analog magazine by the award-winning team of Richard A. Lovett and Mark Niemann-Ross, including the 2011 Analytical Laboratory (reader's choice) Award winning novella "Phantom Sense" and the 2006 Analytical Laboratory Award winning novelette "NetPuppets."
Lovett and Niemann-Ross have written some of the most thought-provoking and entertaining stories I've read in years
- Nebula award winner Jerry Oltion
Come explore the dark space between science and humanity - with a bonus look at the science that just might make it come true. In these pages, you will meet:
- Sgt. Kip McCorbin, who must choose between the military's special-ops sixth-sense and the love of his family.
- Courtney Brandt who lies frozen on a glacier, but warm to the touch, as her killer is already claiming another victim.
- Valerie Akwasi, who stumbles into the deadly side of a vineyard.
- Michael Graves, who could be your best friend or your worst enemy -- but who doesn't care because to him you're just an experiment.
Phantom Sense . . . is a lesson in how to write a short. . . From the start it grabs you and never lets go. In every way this story reminded me how good Science Fiction shorts can be. - Tangent Online
Lovett is probably Analog's best regular writer.-- Locus, July 2011
Lovett and Niemann-Ross are 'two halves' of one of the best science fiction "writers" Analog magazine has ever discovered. - Three-time Hugo nominee David R. Palmer
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: