Are you a seasoned system administrator charged with setting up anOracle database? Or did you suddenly become a DBA by default? Ifdatabase administration with Oracle is part of your job,you’ll be glad to have Oracle 11g For Dummies in yourcubicle.
This nuts-and-bolts guide walks you through the mysteries ofOracle and database administration. You’ll learn how tounderstand Oracle database architecture, set up and manage anOracle database, and keep it running in tiptop form. Oracle 11gFor Dummies covers:
- The building blocks behind the database engine as well asOracle’s physical and logical structures
- Hardware, software, system, and storage requirements forimplementation
- How to recognize and accommodate the differences between Oracleinstallations on Windows and on Linux/UNIX
- Daily and intermittent tasks necessary to keep your databaserunning properly
- How to assess potential threats to your database, configureOracle Recovery Manager, and set up backup and recoveryprocedures
- When to use online, offline, controlfile, and archivelogbackups
- Troubleshooting methodology and how to use Oracle database logsand other diagnostic utilities
- Different ways to manage your database
- How to automate jobs with the Oracle Scheduler
- Using SQL in Oracle, and a great deal more
Completely up to date for the newest release of Oracle,Oracle 11g For Dummies will give you both the informationand the confidence to set up and maintain an Oracle database foryour organization.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: