Nobody ever said that oil painting was easy. But it gets mucheasier and a lot more fun when you follow a step-by-step approachthat starts you off on the right foot, helps you build your skillsone at a time, and gives you plenty of exercises to develop yourcraft. That’s what you’ll find in Oil Painting ForDummies.
Completely free of arty jargon, this full-color guide has allthe hands-on instruction you need to master the basics.You’ll see how to plan a painting, build an image in layers,mix colors, and create stunning compositions. You’ll alsofind everything you need to know about oil paints, solvents, andpigments; brushes, palettes, and painting surfaces; and how to keepcosts down at the art supply store. Discover how to:
- Choose the right supplies
- Set up your studio and care for your equipment
- Handle your materials safely
- Develop your design and composition skills
- Make practice sketches and studies
- Use broken stroke, dry brush, glazing, scraffito and otherbrush strokes
- Try out different compositions
- Mix any color you want
- Simplify tricky still-life subjects
- Paint landscapes and common objects out doors
- Paint portraits and the human form
Complete with handy color chart, basic materials list, and avery useful viewing square, Oil Painting For Dummies is thefun and easy way to discover your inner artist!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: