The Nikon D40 and the D40x offer exciting new features that willenable you to take amazing digital photos. These compact cameraspack a big punch at a great price! With Nikon D40/D40x ForDummies, you’ll discover what each bell and whistle onyour camera does so that you can confidently know when, where, whyand how to put each feature to its best use.
This friendly full-color guide translates all of those techiewords in your Nikon manual into plain English. You'll learn whatterms like SLR, resolution, aperture, white balance, and fileformat really mean and how they effect picture quality. You'll alsofind out what happens when you press, jiggle, or twist all thoseserious-looking controls and how to use them to capture the greatshots you imagined taking when you became a Nikon owner. Discover how to:
- Install batteries and memory card
- Adjust viewfinder to your eyesight
- Take great pictures automatically
- Get creative with exposure and lighting
- Manipulate focus and color
- Control picture quality and size
- Download, organize, and archive your photos
- Print and share your photos
- Use fast photo-retouching tricks
Packed with more than 200 beautiful color photos throughout,Nikon D40/D40x For Dummies is more than an easy-to-usehandbook, it's the paperback version of an in-depth photographyworkshop tailored specifically to help you make the absolute mostof your Nikon picture-taking powerhouse.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: