Covers the newest version of WHS!
This is the most comprehensive, practical, and useful guide to the brand-new version of Windows Home Server 2011. Paul McFedries doesn’t just cover all facets of running Windows Home Server: He shows how to use it to simplify everything from file sharing to media streaming, backup to security.
With real-world examples, McFedries guides you through using new features ranging from the Dashboard and Launchpad to Remote Web Access and Alert Viewer. You’ll find network configurations and step-by-step solutions you can easily understand and use, even if you have no server experience. Then, when you’re ready, McFedries reveals how Home Server’s hidden business-class features can help you save more time and get even better performance.
Packed with exclusive tips and tricks, this go-to guide will help you every step of the way...as you create a home network that does more and runs perfectly!
- Quickly set up networks, user accounts, devices, and storage
- Add any computer to your network: Windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac, or Linux
- Efficiently share folders, files, and digital media
- Set up passwords and users and protect your sensitive information
- Reliably automate backups, so you never lose an important file
- Centrally manage all your storage, so you never have to buy more than you need
- Stream and share your digital images, audio, and video--even on your Xbox 360 or other devices
- Use Home Server’s built-in web server to create powerful, flexible websites
- Use Windows SharePoint Foundation to help everyone coordinate their busy lives
- Automatically apply up-to-date security fixes to all your Windows computers
- Remotely access your content from any Internet-connected computer–safely and securely
- Use Home Server power tools, including Local Group Policy Editor, Computer Management snap-ins, and scripting
- Efficiently monitor, maintain, tune, and troubleshoot Windows Home Server
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: