MATLAB: A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving aims to provide readers with the knowledge of the fundamentals of programming concepts and the skills and techniques needed for basic problem solving using MATLAB as the vehicle. MATLAB is software that functions to complete a wide range of tasks, from mathematical procedures to three-dimensional imaging. The software also has a complete programming structure that allows programmers to use their own specifications in customizing programs.
The text has the following key features:
Side-by-side programming concepts and built-in functions
Advanced programming concepts
Plots, imaging and graphical user interfaces
The book is composed of 15 chapters, which discuss MATLAB and its programs, selection and loop statements, string manipulation, data structures, advanced functions, advanced plotting procedures, matrix representation of linear algebraic equations, basic statistics and indexing, and advanced mathematics.
This source will be invaluable for engineers, engineering novices, and students learning to program and model in MATLAB.
* Presents programming concepts and MATLAB built-in functions side-by-side, giving students the ability to program efficiently and exploit the power of MATLAB to solve problems. * In depth coverage of file input/output, a topic essential for many engineering applications * Systematic, step-by-step approach, building on concepts throughout the book, facilitating easier learning * Sections on ‘common pitfalls’ and ‘programming guidelines’ direct students towards best practice
* New to this edition:
- More engineering applications help the reader learn Matlab in the context of solving technical problems
- New and revised end of chapter problems
- Stronger coverage of loops and vectorizing in a new chapter, chapter 5
- Updated to reflect current features and functions of the current release of Matlab
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: