MariaDB is a database server that offers drop-in replacement functionality for MySQL. Built by some of the original authors of MySQL, with assistance from the broader community of free and open source software developers, MariaDB offers a rich set of feature enhancements to MySQL, including alternate storage engines, server optimizations, and patches.
MariaDB Crash Course teaches you all you need to know to be immediately productive with MariaDB. Master trainer Ben Forta introduces all the essentials through a series of quick, easy-to-follow, hands-on lessons. Instead of belaboring database theory and relational design, Forta focuses on teaching solutions for the majority of users who simply want to interact with data.
Learn how to:
- Retrieve and sort data
- Filter data using comparisons, regular expressions, and full text search
- Join relational data
- Create and alter tables
- Insert, update, and delete data
- Leverage the power of stored procedures and triggers
- Use views and cursors
- Manage transactional processing
- Create user accounts and manage security via access control
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: