The acclaimed book on macular degeneration—now completely revised and updated with cutting edge research and the latest developments in the field.
More than fifteen million Americans have age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and the disease will strike 200,000 more people this year. It is the most prevalent cause of vision loss in the western world. Dr. Lylas Mogk, the founding director of the Visual Rehabilitation and Research Center of the Henry Ford Health System, has a unique professional and personal understanding of AMD. A doctor and loving daughter of a parent with this frightening though manageable condition, Mogk here explains exactly what it is and how to limit its effect on your life. Reassuring and comprehensive—complete with illuminating first person stories of people with AMD—Macular Degeneration will help you or someone you love with information on
• Reducing your risk factors
• Revolutionary new technology, including laser surgery and alternative treatments
• New research discoveries in nutrition—and eye-healthy recipes
• The latest low-vision computer software programs
• Coping with depression and frustration
• Active online communities of people with macular degeneration
Plus a Low Vision Living Rehab program to help you read better, see better, and live independently!
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: