Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Rome is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Let gelato melt on your tongue in Piazza Navona, marvel at Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes, or retrace the footsteps of the ancients amid the Roman Forum's magical ruins; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Rome and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Rome:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 15 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Best with Kids, Walking Tours, and Top Sights (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi and the Quirinale, Monti and Esquilino, Celio and Lateran, Aventino and Testaccio, Trastevere and Gianicolo, Vatican City and Prati, Villa Borghese, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images for greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Bookmarks help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Touch embedded links to our recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of Rome's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Rome guide, or Lonely Planet's Discover Rome, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Duncan Garwood.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: