#1 best-selling guide to Peru*
Lonely Planet Peru is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in the spectacle of Machu Picchu at sunrise, treat your taste buds to Lima's famous ceviche, or try to solve the mystery of the Nazca Lines; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Peru and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Peru Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, religion, sports, landscapes, wildlife, food, drink, and more
- Over 70 color local maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Trekking the Inca Trail, and Peru Outdoors
- Coverage of North Coast, Amazon Basin, Northern Highlands, Huaraz, the Cordilleras, Central Highlands, Lima, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, South Coast, Arequipa, Canyon Country, Lake Titicaca, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Peru, our most comprehensive guide to Peru, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Peru? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Peru, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Carolyn McCarthy, Carolina A Miranda, Kevin Raub, Brendan Sainsbury, and Luke Waterson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
*Bestselling guide to Peru Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, September 2011 to August 2012.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: