These sight word flash cards include 61 First Grade sight words
- 41 of the most common sight words
- Plus 20 common sight nouns
Sight words can be known by many names including high-frequency words, Dolch words, Fry words, instant words or even Star words.
These flash cards have been designed to make learning sight words fun!
- Skip Around Feature! - To keep your little one on his or her toes, each flash card has links on the bottom of page to allow you to skip around to other words in that group. Just click on a hyperlink and move to another letter in the section.
- Words are Ordered by Frequency - This list is ordered by the frequency in which the words are used, making it easy for your child to quickly grow a useful sight word vocabulary!
- Small Groups of Words Make Learning Easy - In order to make it more manageable the words are listed in groups of ten. This means that your child won't be overwhelmed by a large list. He or she can master one group before moving on to the next.
- Easy to Read, Large Font - All the flashcards use a serif font which means they are in the same easy to read font style used by most books, magazines and newspapers!
41 First Grade Sight Words (by group)
- Group 1: of, his, had, him, her, some, as, then, could, when
- Group 2: were them, ask, an, over, just, from, any, how, know
- Group 3: put, take, every, old, by, after, think, let, going, walk
- Group 4: again, may, stop, fly, round, give, once, open, has, live, thank
20 Sight Nouns (by group)
- Group 5: back, cake, corn, farm, farmer, fire, flower, game, grass, home
- Group 6: milk, name, robin, school, sheep, street, thing, time, water, wind
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: