Th>TM--The World’s #1 Open Source Content Management System
If you want to build sophisticated websites that can be easily edited and updated, you need to master Joomla. Now there’s an easy-to-read, easy-to-use guide to Joomla! for every site manager, administrator, and developer. Leading Joomla! consultant Barrie North covers all you need to get results: installation, administration, site organization, template development, content updates, and a whole lot more. You’ll find tips, tricks, and troubleshooting solutions, as well as three start-to-finish case studies.
New to Joomla? No problem! This book starts with the simplest design and system concepts and builds your expertise step-by-step. You’ll rapidly master Joomla!’s power, even if you have no content management, scripting, or CSS expertise. Experienced with Joomla!? You’ll turn to this book constantly for its authoritative, plain-English, example-rich Joomla! 1.5 reference content.
- Understand content management, what Joomla! does, and how its components fit together
- Build Joomla! sites from scratch and systematically customize them to your needs
- Organize content with sections, categories, blogs, and tables
- Create dynamic pages and effective navigation
- Work with Joomla! modules and components
- Learn how to optimize your Joomla! sites for search engines
- Follow three start-to-finish case studies: building a school website, a small business site, and a blog
- Identify the most valuable Joomla! extensions and add-ons: find them and use them
About the Website
The accompanying site, www.joomlabook.com, provides five fully functional Joomla! sites with live follow-along examples from the book and up-to-date information on Joomla!.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: