From the man whos been called the Mad Scientist of Home Improvementwho taught Jay Leno to shave with Jif Peanut Butter and helped Rosie ODonnell condition her hair with Reddi-wiphere is another irresistible volume filled with fun, offbeat ways to fix things around the house and garden using brand-name products already on hand.
Readers will delight in this treasure trove of quick, inexpensive fixes such as how to:
- fix a broken dishwasher with Kool-Aid
- remove water stains from wood furniture with Miracle Whip
- spackle holes in walls with S.O.S.steel wool pads
- remove wallpaper with Heinz white vinegar
- clean driveway spills with Coca-Cola
- repair scratched woodwork with Maxwell House coffee
- start a car with Bayer aspirin
Organized from A to Z by topic and area of the home and jam-packed with "Strange Facts" and fascinating sidebars, this fun-to-read book presents nearly 1,000 cleaning, organizing, and home-repair problems that cover everything from barbecues to bathtubs, carpets to ceiling fans, sprinkler systems to swimming pools. It makes a great gift and is a practical guide for anyone looking for a simple way to tackle everyday problems and repairs.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: