Learn to navigate the stock footage industry and supplement your income with creativity!
This e-book contains basic tips, tricks, and hints on what to shoot and how to prepare your footage for submission to several of the more popular microstock footage agencies on the Internet. Video examples (via links in this Kindle-friendly version), charts, and even sample financial data included!
- What is stock footage?
- Equipment needed, including lights and tripod recommendations
- Camera types and options
- What to shoot
- What to be cautious of
- Basic clip preparation, including file types, codecs, file organization, and keywording
- Model and property releases
- Agencies to consider selling at, with sections discussing iStock, Revostock, Pond5, ShutterStock, Fotolia, and ClipCanvas
- Is being exclusive good for you?
- Clip pricing
- Dealing with rejections
- How to market yourself
- and more, including backup options and bookkeeping recommendations!
If you're thinking about getting into the stock footage business, or are a new producer struggling with technical issues while preparing your clips, this book will serve as a valuable resource.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: