Overwhelmed with big screen TV and home theater audio options? Whatdo you need to build the perfect home theater experience? HomeTheater For Dummies, 3rd Edition shows you how to plan a hometheater system and choose components that fit your budget and yourroom.
Beginning with the most basic information, this guide helps youchoose what you need and put it all together. It explains DLP,3LCD, HDMI, DTV, and HDTV so you can talk intelligently withsalespeople at the electronics store. You’ll find out aboutBlu-ray, explore HD and satellite radio options, and see how toincorporate a Wii, Xbox, or Playstation 3 into your set-up. Learnto:
- Choose among plasma, LCD, and projection TVs
- Know the difference between digital TV and HDTV
- Assess and choose an LCD TV, a new 3D TV, or an HD radio
- Set up your audio system and TV for maximum performance
- Use a Media Center or Home Theater PC
- Fine-tune your system and add cool touches such as accessinghome theater content from your cell phone
- Explore HD and satellite radio options, CD players, DVD-Audiodisks, and options for old cassettes and vinyl
- Set up your system with the proper cables for each component,or learn what it takes to go wireless
- Calibrate your video with a calibration disk, an opticalcomparator, or a DVD containing THX Optimizer
Get the perfect home theater experience by following the experttips and techniques presented in Home Theater For Dummies, 3rdEdition. You’ll be watching movies and listening to audioin no time!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: