If your household harbors more than one computer, you’veprobably wondered about home networking. Maybe you’ve gone sofar as to start setting up a network and given up in frustration.Well, now you can relax. Home Networking All-In-One DeskReference For Dummies has come to the rescue!
A network will make your life easier, and Home NetworkingAll-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies makes it easier to createone. It shows you how to choose the right hardware, add useraccounts, get different operating systems to work together, secureyour network, exchange files, add wireless devices, and even useWi-Fi out in public. Seven individual, self-contained minibookscover:
- What a network will do for you, including a low-techexplanation of how it works
- Choosing a network type that will work best for your needs, andplanning what equipment you’ll need
- Installing and configuring your computers and networkinggear
- Upgrading your equipment with the manufacturer’supdates
- The ins and outs of using particular versions of operatingsystems — Windows, Mac, and Linux — with yournetwork
- Step-by-step directions on connecting to networks, sharingfiles and printers, checking connection status, and much more
- Discovering networking accessories and gadgets to get the mostout of your network
- Finding and using Wi-Fi hotspots, plus setting up your own
You’ll even find troubleshooting tips to help find and fixcommon problems. Home Networking All-In-One Desk Reference ForDummies will be your personal network assistant!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: