Want to build responsibly, reduce waste, and help preserve theenvironment? Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies isyour friendly, step-by-step guide to every facet of thisEarth-friendly method of construction. Building a home—even agreen home—uses plenty of resources and energy. Thispractical, hands-on book shows you how to build or remodelconscientiously, whether your dream home is a simple remodel or abrand-new multimillion-dollar mansion.
You’ll start by identifying green materials and sizing uppotential systems and construction sites. You’ll weigh thepros and cons of popular green building methods and identifyopportunities for saving money in the long run. Need to find somegreen professionals to assist you in your venture? We’ll helpyou do that, too. This book will also help you discover how to:
- Understand the lifecycle of building materials
- Choose the right system for your green building project
- Put together a green team
- Work within your budget
- Use green building methods and sustainable systems
- Speed construction and reduce energy use and waste
- Refinish old fixtures and materials
- Beware of asbestos and lead-paint hazards
- Avoid costly mistakes
Complete with lists of ten green things to do on everyproject and ten things you can do right now in your home in orderto go green, Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies isyour one-stop guide to planning and building the home you’vealways wanted.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: