Learn to diagnose and fix simple PC problems with thiseasy-to-follow guide
When something goes wrong with your computer, it's frustratingand potentially expensive. With Fix Your Own Computer ForSeniors For Dummies, you can find out what's wrong, how to fixit, whether you need to call in professional help, and how topractice preventive maintenance.
This friendly guide avoids techie jargon and shows you how todiagnose the problem, find out whether the software or hardware isat fault, make simple repairs, and add external devices such asscanners, printers, and hard drives. It also helps you maintainyour computer through basic steps like defragmenting the hard driveand cleaning out files - techniques that can prevent a lot ofproblems from occurring in the first place.
- Written specifically for first-time computer users, this bookexplains how to diagnose basic PC problems, understand errormessages, and fix common issues
- Specific step-by-step procedures guide you through basicrepairs such as replacing the hard drive
- Explains common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Outlines the steps for preventive maintenance, such as how todefragment the hard drive, clean files, delete old files, andorganize files
- Explores ways to expand and enhance a computer with externaldevices including hard drives, Web cameras, Web phones, scanners,printers, flash drives and other hardware
- Shows what you can fix yourself and when to seek help from arepair service or the manufacturer
Easy to read and follow, Fix Your Own Computer For SeniorsFor Dummies will boost your confidence when dealing with yourcomputer and with professional technicians, too.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: