The pain you suffer from fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) is not in yourimagination. FMS is a real medical problem that can be asdebilitating and demoralizing as it is mysterious. FibromyalgiaFor Dummies, Second Edition, brings you the latest scientificfindings on the symptoms and causes of this disease and guides youtoward proven, practical steps you can take reduce or eliminateFMS-related pain.
This plain-English guide is fully updated with the latestfibromyalgia treatment options, and evaluations of new medicationsthat have shown great promise in reducing pain. You'll discover howto spot an array of symptoms and their possible causes, work withyour physician to develop a treatment plan, and manage your pain athome and in the office. You'll learn how to:
- Identify your FMS trigger points
- Cope with chronic pain and sleep problems
- Find medications that work for you
- Locate a physician who can really help you
- Make healing lifestyle changes
- Use hands-on therapies to alleviate pain
- Find effective over-the-counter and prescriptionmedications
- Choose among alternative therapies and treatments
- Reduce the emotional distress caused by FMS
- Help a child with FMS
Featuring moving and inspiring stories from fellow FMS suffererswho share their stories and offer invaluable tips on working yourway back to wellness, Fibromyalgia for Dummies, SecondEdition offers serious and sensitive guidance to help youovercome FMS and start being yourself again.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: