Printed book plus Pageburst™ access. You will receive a printed book and access to the complete book content electronically. Pageburst™ enhances learning not only by bringing world class content to your fingertips but also by letting you add to it, annotate it, and categorize it in a way that suits you. Pageburst™ frees you to spend more time learning and less time searching.
The Evidence-based Practice Manual successfully breaks down the skills for evidence-based nursing into manageable components. The reader will learn how to find, critically read and interpret a range of research studies, and will discover optimal approaches to helping patients reach decisions that are informed by the best-available evidence. The more-strategic concepts of developing an organisational evidence-based culture and making evidence-based changes at organisational level are the focus of the final section.
- Step-by-step guide to finding, appraising and applying research evidence in nursing
- Teaches skills for successfully reviewing published literature:
- formulating a focused question
- developing a search strategy for efficient retrieval of relevant studies
- appraising the retrieved studies
- All examples are relevant to nurses and nursing
- Reflects contemporary nursing issues
- A new chapter on ‘Using research evidence in making clinical decisions with the individual patient’ provides practical guidance and tools for decision-making
- A new chapter on ‘Using evidence from qualitative studies’ explains the complexities of qualitative methodologies and methods in a simple, easily understood way
Online exercises and solutions
- Help the reader test out and consolidate newly acquired skills and knowledge
- Provide an opportunity to critically appraise studies with the following range of designs:
- qualitative research
- a randomised controlled trial
- a cohort study
- a case control study
- a diagnostic test accuracy study
- a systematic review
- a clinical guideline
- Example solutions are provided, all written by experts in the field.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: