THE BOOK YOUR BOSS & HR DEPARTMENT DON’T WANT YOU TO READ
Chances are you don’t understand the majority of the terminology in your employment contract…and if you're a private sector employee in the U.S., the chances are yet greater that you don't even have an employment contract. So, how do you know when your boss is overstepping their rights – or what to do about it?
With unemployment and outsourcing on the rise, Employee Rights and Employer Wrongs decodes the legal jargon that too often surrounds workplace and employment law. A practical, accessible manual to employee rights in the workplace – and a step-by-step guide to asserting them – Employee Rights and Employer Wrongs is a book that every worker and every employer needs.
HR is in place to prevent embarrassing lawsuits, and most employees facing the issues addressed in this book can’t afford a $300+ consultation with a labor lawyer,” says Kleinberg. “This book bridges that gap. Looking at a wide range of commonly misunderstood and mishandled workplace issues including bullying in the workplace, family and medical leave, privacy, disciplinary action, wrongful dismissal and more, Employee Rights and Employer Wrongs offers an unparalleled wealth of relevant – and potentially career-saving – information, including:
- The top 10 mistakes employers make that you’re probably not aware of
- How to protect yourself if you suspect you’re being targeted for termination
- You’re not alone: the facts about workplace bullying, harassment, abuse and discrimination
- Why you need to start keeping a job journal
- Sample letters for everything from filing a sexual harassment complaint to a reprimand protest memo to demanding unpaid wages
- A step-by-step guide to dealing with the emotional fallout of workplace conflict in a healthy and constructive way
- A simple, straightforward breakdown of basic rights, common wrongs, negotiation handling, the court process and more
- How to conduct yourself in a probation or termination meeting
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: