Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet East Africa is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander the winding backstreets of Lamu, trek to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, or watch the annual wildebeest migration in Masai Mara; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of East Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet East Africa Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, dance, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 114 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Safaris, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nairobi, Kampala, Bujumbura, Dodoma, Kigali, Zanzibar Archipelago, Lamu, Masai Mara, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet East Africa, our most comprehensive guide to East Africa, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet's Travel Guides to those particular destinations for a comprehensive look at what each destination has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Mary Fitzpatrick, Anthony Ham, Trent Holden, or Dean Starnes.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: