A complete lifecycle guide to planning and building a site withDrupal
Drupal allows you to quickly and easily build a wide variety ofweb sites, from very simple blog sites to extremely complex sitesthat integrate with other systems. In order to maximize what Drupalcan do for you, you need to plan. Whether you are building withDrupal 6 or 7, this book details the steps necessary to plan yoursite so you can make informed decisions before you start tobuild.
- Explains how to define the scope of your project
- Shows you how to create a design plan taking into considerationhow Drupal works
- Helps you make informed decisions regarding developmentmethodologies, environments, standards, and site security
- Reviews ways to assess the use of existing and/or custom Drupalmodules
- Teaches you how to avoid common pitfalls that can impact asuccessful site launch
- Walks you through preparing for post-launch site maintenanceand management tasks
- Details incorporating the nature of open source systems intoyour management strategies
- Identifies ways to interact with members of the Drupalcommunity
The processes and techniques provided in this book will empoweryou to create a successful and sustainable site with Drupal.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: