Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover New York City is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stand and applaud a razzle-dazzle Broadway show, take in the iconic skyline during a ferry ride toward Lady Liberty's beckoning torch, or stroll along Central Park's elm-lined walkways; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover New York City:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, fashion, cuisine, and nightlife
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map included in print version, plus over 24 color neighborhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Travel with Kids.
- Coverage of Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District, Gramercy, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Harlem, Brooklyn, Queens, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images for greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Bookmarks help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Touch embedded links of our recommendations' websites
- Add notes with a tap to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover New York City, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for those who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colorful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of the city's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide. Or check out Lonely Planet's Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to get to the heart of the places they find themselves.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: