This comprehensive book teaches you how to build data-rich business applications with Silverlight 2 that draw on multiple sources of data. Packed with reusable examples, Data-Driven Services with Silverlight 2 covers all of the data access and web service tools you need, including data binding, the LINQ data querying component, RESTful and SOAP web service support, cross-domain web service calls, and Microsoft's new ADO.NET Data Services and the ADO.NET Entity Framework.
With this book, you will:
- Know when and how to use LINQ to JSON, LINQ to XML, and LINQ to Objects
- Learn how Silverlight 2 applications bind, pass, read, save, query, and present data
- Discover how your application can call web services to work with SOAP, REST, RSS, AtomPub, POX and JSON
- Design REST, ASMX, and WCF web services that communicate with Silverlight 2
- Harness RESTful web services such as Digg, Amazon, and Twitter
- Retrieve and save data using the new Entity Framework and WCF
- Work with RESTful ADO.NET Data Services and its Silverlight client library to move data between your Silverlight application and a database
Data-Driven Services with Silverlight 2 offers many tips and tricks for building data-rich business applications, and covers the scenarios you're most likely to encounter. Complete examples in C# and VB can be downloaded from the book's companion website.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: