CRYSTAL REPORTS® 2008
Whether you’re a DBA, data warehousing or business intelligence professional,
reporting specialist, or developer, this book has the answers you need. Through
hands-on examples, you’ll systematically master Crystal Reports and Xcelsius
2008’s most powerful features for creating, distributing, and delivering content.
One step at a time, long-time Crystal Reports insiders take you from the basics
through advanced content creation and delivery using Xcelsius, Crystal Reports
Server, crystalreports.com, and the offline Crystal Reports Viewer.
Every significant enhancement introduced in Crystal Reports 2008 is covered, including its new visualization options and more robust Web services capabilities. The book concludes by showing how to use Crystal Reports’ powerful .NET and Java SDKs to customize and extend enterprise reporting in virtually unlimited ways.
• Learn hands-on, through step-by-step examples and exercises—and discover tips and tricks proven in real-world enterprise environments
• Master new Crystal Reports 2008 features, including interactive report viewing, Xcelsius dashboarding, Flex, and Flash integration, Report Designer improvements, report bursting, and more
• Publish professional-quality reports against virtually any data source, including relational and OLAP databases, Universes, SAP, PeopleSoft, JavaBeans, .NET/COM objects, XML, and more
• Discover advanced visualization techniques using Xcelsius, charts, and maps
• Learn methods for distributing reports and integrating content into other applications
• Learn about the latest reporting addition to the Business Objects family—Xcelsius and begin creating dynamic and interactive dashboards
NEIL FITZGERALD has spent several years working at Business Objects and with one of Business Objects’ largest providers of custom BI and enterprise reporting solutions.
BOB COATES currently works as a Sales Consultant for Business Objects, an SAP company, where he has been employed for more than eleven years.
RYAN GOODMAN is the founder of Centigon Solutions, Inc., and remains one of the top Xcelsius experts and evangelists in the world.
MICHAEL VOLOSHKO is a senior presales consultant for the financial services team at Business Objects.
ON THE WEB
Find all this and more at informit.com/sams:
• Java and .NET sample reports and code samples for all examples in the book
• Bonus chapters, tips, tricks, and links to great reporting resources
COVERS: Crystal Reports 2008, Crystal Reports Server 2008,
Crystal Reports Viewer, crystalreports.com, Xcelsius 2008
USER LEVEL: Beginning—Intermediate
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: