Would you like to learn to crochet? Already know the basics, butwould like to stretch your crocheting skills? From scarves andsweaters to hats and handbags, you can create beautiful, usefuldesigns with ease using Crochet Patterns For Dummies. Fromchoosing the right hooks and yarn and crocheting basic stitches tojoining pieces together, this easy-to-follow guide will have youhooked in no time.
Our hands-on workbook gets you crocheting fashionable, fundesigns in a focused, step-by-step manner. You get a review of thebasic stitches and stitch combinations, along with a conciseappendix containing easy-to-follow instructions for working thesestitches. You’ll find plenty of tips on changing colors andadding shape to your projects. Plus, you get full-color photos ofevery project—from potholders to afghans, belts to tablerunners, skirts to vests, and much more. You’ll also discoverhow to:
- Decipher crochet lingo
- Make a gauge swatch, read a pattern, and understand garmentsizing
- Work with the most common stitches and stitch patterns
- Crochet in the round or with color
- Shape a design through increasing or decreasing stitches
- Use new techniques like felting and working with wire
- Crochet pictures and words using the filet crochettechnique
There are also quick-and-easy designs that are great for kids tomake, as well as handy hints on caring for your finished items.Featuring more than 50 fantastic patterns perfect for beginners orthose wanting to take their skills to the next level, CrochetPatterns For Dummies is your one-stop guide to crochetingsuccess!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: