If you have ever said (or felt) any of the following, then CoolTime is the solution for you:
- I spend more and more time just dealing with e-mail.
- I often take work home or stay late because that's when I workwithout distraction.
- A lot of time gets wasted in meetings.
- There are too many interruptions.
- I plan my day every day, but by 9:15 it's totallyderailed.
- I never feel caught up!
Cool Time is a time management book with a difference.It's all about keeping mentally and physically cool so that you arealways at your best and on top of your game. When you're mentallycool, you make the best decisions and get the best stuff done, andthat's the root of successful time management.
Cool Time doesn't focus on prioritizing and agendasetting. In the real world of interruptions, e-mail, anddistractions, few people are able to organize their work inisolation from everything else. In fact, effective time managementis more about human relationships and expectations than it is aboutmaking lists.
Cool Time is a complete approach to managing time anddefending it from the endless demands and expectations of others inthe workplace and at home.
- Contains practical, personal techniques that will help youapply your new skills to real-world situations: holdingtime-effective meetings, dealing with distractions, learning tofocus, coping with unrealistic workloads, planning for theunexpected, negotiating with your manager over conflicting tasks,using technology effectively (the phone, PDAs, and e-mail).
- Includes suggestions on non-work activities, which make this acomplete approach to managing time and balancing life.
- Features lots of examples, practical tips, and concepts thatare memorable and easy to apply, as well as to explain and teach toothers in your life. Concepts such as the "I-Beam Agenda" forplanning and structuring your day, "Keystone Time" that you blockoff for focused work, "The 60-Second Workspace" for organizingyourself physically and mentally, and many more.
A complete approach to managing time, priorities, and people inan increasingly fast paced world, Cool Time allows you to bein control, feel less stress, and never break a sweat as you goabout your day.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: