The first edition of this book and its accompanying eLearning course is regarded as a classic in its field. Now, in an expanded and updated version of The Art of Service's book, the authors once again present a step-by-step guide to getting your Managing Services in the Cloud Certificate.
Head in the clouds? You're certainly not alone!
The opportunities provided by various forms of Cloud Computing have allowed for significant growth within an industry that continues to mature and develop at a rapid pace.
So with the change in computing and IT Service delivery comes a whole new series of qualifications and certification. The Cloud Computing Certification Scheme has been created to support the IT Professional who needs to be a 'niche generalist', capable of migrating all forms of IT services to the 'cloud'.
The primary goal of this book and course is to provide the quality education and support materials needed to enable the understanding and management of Cloud Computing in a wide-range of contexts. This comprehensive book is designed to complement the in-depth eLearn Managing Services in the Cloud program. The interactive eLearn course uses a combination of narrated Flash presentations, exercises and a sample exam which will ultimately prepare you for the Managing Services in the Cloud certification exam.
While the Cloud Computing Specialist programs focused on the technical capabilities required for managing a cloud environment, this program focuses on the overall implementation and ongoing management issues involved in the adoption of cloud computing. This includes:
* Identifying the benefits and risks from both a business and technical perspective
* Managing the cultural change involved with the adoption of cloud computing
* Developing the business case for cloud computing
* Strategic and tactical Service Management processes that improve the outcomes of cloud computing.
To help individuals navigate through these largely uncharted waters, Managing Services in the Cloud analyzes and explains the strategies, methods and challenges involved with the adoption and ongoing management of cloud computing models as part of their IT service provision. It is assumed that the reader has already gained a sufficient level of technical knowledge regarding cloud computing through their previously studied Specialist programs, and now seeks to provide:
* Increased visibility of the value contribution of the IT service provider
* More clarity in the return on investment for IT
* Better alignment of cloud services to corporate objectives
* Increased accountability of IT spending
* Increased efficiency in IT Service delivery activities.
This Study Guide and Online Course access provides complete, in-depth coverage of all exam objectives for the Managing Services in the Cloud exam in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you're getting the instruction you need.
* Real-world scenarios put what you've learned in the context of service solutions.
* Thought provoking questions to challenge your thinking and understanding.
* Practice exam questions
* Key advice around the actual day-to-day tasks and challenges you'll face in the adoption of cloud computing
* Based on specific exam objectives - use this as a lab manual for certification preparation.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: