Want to be a classical guitarist but never had a lesson?
Want to be a classical guitarist, but never had a lesson? Noproblem — this hands-on guide teaches you all the fundamentaltechniques you need to play scales, melodies, and full-lengthpieces in the classical style. You get plenty of practice exercisesto stretch your skills, selections from the classical repertoire,and a bonus audio CD that helps you play along with the musicpieces from the book!
- Get acquainted with your guitar — familiarize yourselfwith the unique make-up and parts of a classical guitar
Start making some music — play melodies on individualstrings, move on to arpeggios, and get your fingers in shape withscales
Ramp up your technique — play barres, slurs, and trills;handle harmonics; master right-hand tremolo; and venture up theneck to play in the higher positions
Build your classical repertoire — from Renaissance andBaroque to Classical, Romantic, and Modern, play pieces from themajor eras in classical music
Practice makes perfect — improve your performance withexpert guidance through each exercise and piece in the book
Open the book and find:
- Tips and techniques for playing beautiful pieces
How to read music notation and tablature
Basic finger and thumb strokes
Right- and left-hand techniques
Musical examples, charts, and photos
Music pieces from the guitar greats
The best ways to care for your guitar
A step-by-step tutorial on changing your strings
Bonus CD Includes
- More than 140 recorded performances of the exercises andpieces featured in the book
- Pieces performed using a count-off, allowing you to play alongin time with the music
- Tuning notes to help you tune up your guitar
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials arenot included as part of eBook file.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: