Bridge, as any player will tell you, is simply the best card gameever. It’s challenging—each hand presents a differentset of conditions you must figure out and solve. It's verysocial—you play with a partner and two opponents. And best ofall—it's fun.
Bridge For Dummies, 2E gives you a step-by-stepexplanation of the fundamentals of the game in terms you canunderstand. It walks you through the different aspects of bridge,featuring real-life examples, so that you can feel comfortable withthe basics before you ever start to play. And if you're alreadyexperienced at the game, you'll discover a wealth of tips and hintsthat can make you a better player. You'll learn all about:
- The basics of nontrump play
- How to play the hand in a trump contract
- Bidding for fun and profit
- Taking advantage of advanced bidding techniques
- Playing a strong defense and keeping score
- Playing bridge on your computer
- Playing in bridge clubs and tournaments
- Where to find other great bridge resources
This newly revised edition features an expanded section onplaying bridge online, with updated web addresses and otherresources, along with new information on the latest biddingtechniques. For anyone from novice to pro wanting to learn bridgeor learn techniques to improve their game, Bridge For Dummies,2E makes an ideal partner!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: