The incidence of asthma is rising dramatically in the United Statesand across the globe. Asthma affects 17 million people in the U.S.and is the most common chronic childhood disease. If you or someoneyou love suffers from asthma, you know that there is nocure—however, with proper care, asthmatics can lead normal,active, and fulfilling lives. Now you can breathe easy with thisplain-English guide, which clearly explains the prevention,diagnosis, symptoms, and treatment of the disease.
Asthma For Dummies will help asthma sufferers and theirloved ones get a strong handle on managing the disease. Dr. WilliamBerger, one of the nation’s foremost experts on allergies andasthma, gives you the tools you need to:
- Understand the relationship between allergies and asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers
- Prepare for your first doctor’s visit
- Allergy-proof your home or office environment
- Avoid asthma complications
- Find outside support
Featuring up-to-date coverage of childhood asthma, thiseasy-to-understand guide covers all the vital issues surroundingasthma, including handling food allergies, exercising whenasthmatic, asthma during pregnancy, and all the latest medications.You’ll find tips on avoiding allergens that cause respiratorysymptoms, testing for allergies, and dealing with HMOs. Thisfact-packed guide also features:
- A dedicated chapter to asthma in the elderly
- The latest information on Claritin and Clarinex, two commonallergy medications taken by those with asthma
- The interrelationships between asthma and other respiratorycomplications of untreated allergy such as ear, sinus, tonsil, andadenoid disease
- Extensive information on controller drugs and rescuemedications
- Future trends in asthma therapy
Offering the latest on allergy shots and tips for traveling withasthma, Asthma for Dummies will relieve your anxiety aboutasthma, help you control your triggers, and manage the diseaselong-term.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: