Discover it for yourself.
Inside Art Saves, experience the stories of 20 artists who found that artistic expression and the artistic process is worth living for. Whether you are a calligraphy/graffiti artist like Lisa Engelbrecht, a metal artist like Michael DeMeng, or digital collage artist like Susan Tuttle, art has a way of giving you beauty, meaning, spiritual richness, community...even salvation.
The stories in this book come from every medium, because the power of the creative process can be found everywhere.
- Drew Emborsky, a crochet artist, provides comfort through his creations by donating his work to hospitals and shelters.
- Rebecca Sower puts craft materials-and hope-into the hands of Haitian women through Haiti By Hand.
- Marie French who, through art, creates personal miracles of healing.
- Suzi Blu, who discovered the real, therapeutic effect of art-making, shows you many simple, effective ways you can give back.
- Mixed media techniques and projects. Throughout the book you'll find practical ideas to put you on the art-making path. Karen Michel shares instructions on creating prayer flags, Lynn Whipple shows you how to construct a permission plaque, Susannah Conway gives advice on revealing the soul of a place though inspired photography.
- Inspired Lessons. Each artist lists the lessons they have learned about living life artfully.
- "When the Going Gets Tough..." Sidebars suggest ways you can remain strong, even when things get challenging. Hear how different artists deal with difficulty head-on.
- "In the artist's own words..." Advice and wisdom shared directly from each artist to you. The act of art-making is an act of life. So thread a needle, lift a paintbrush, put pencil to paper, focus the camera-find salvation.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: