An Introduction To Macro & Close-Up Photography, part of the DSLR Fundamentals series, is an eBook written specifically for those interested in learning more about the basics of macro and close-up photography. The book uses text, video links, diagrams, graphs, and charts to explain and teach a variety of concepts such as:
- Understanding the difference between macro and close-up photography
- Choosing dedicated macro equipment and learning how to use it
- Modifying existing equipment for macro and close-up photography using reversing rings, extension tubes, macro couplers, and diopters
- Creating on-camera, off-camera, and external lighting solutions
- Do-It-Yourself projects for creating a variety of reflectors and diffusers
- Learning an array of macro and close-up shooting techniques
- Mastering the fundamental issues of shooting macro and close-up, such as depth of field, natural and artificial lighting, proper exposure, subject and camera movement, and principles of light and shadow
- Employing elements of art and style for better bokeh, creative focus, unique perspective, inventive exposure, and proper composition
- Processing macro and close-up photographs using editing software
The volume also includes information and links to useful gadgets, equipment, graphics, and online communities relevant to macro and close-up photography.
If you're a new or established photographer, someone interested in a different genre of photography, or someone who has an interest in shooting close-ups, this book will help you learn the basics needed to take beautiful macro and close-up photos.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: